Terrified for the Upcoming Week

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Terrified for the Upcoming Week

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Drivensea
      Participant

I am so so so scared for the upcoming week…I always am, because I know me not making progress toward my goals due to my ADD is almost inevitable. I sometimes don’t even know why I try anymore… 🙁 but something keeps pushing me to keep trying. Any ideas how I can finally make some progress and not feel like failure week after week?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

The first step is to revisit your goals and make sure they are doable and realistic for you. Setting goals you cannot attain or that you can’t attain in the time period you’ve set or while trying to reach other goals will only keep you feeling like a failure. Make sure you’re starting small and your goals are doable.

If you can, consider working with an ADHD Coach. They can help you establish goals and outline a doable plan to meet them. They can help you work smarter and overcome challenges.

ADHD and Setting SMART Goals

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

GreatHope
      Participant

I feel the same way. I decided to follow my 25-year dream of working for myself. I struggle to get done what I need to get done. I set goals, post them and follow all of the best ideas. Yet I still find myself not working hard, procrastinating and hyper-focusing on the wrong things.

Today is an especially bad day.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.