Taking Strattera/Adderall to treat it

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Taking Strattera/Adderall to treat it

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      capitalprophets
      Participant

Hi,

I tried treating my ADHD by taking Strattera or Adderall but I feel the meds take a load on my mind where I cannot express my emotions no longer. I’m not able to multi-task and it makes me very nauseas. Almost like I’ve turned into a Zombie. Started with 5mg, 10mg and went up to 20mg but I did not feel like myself at all.

Is this how you’re supposed to feel? I keep going through events where I feel the need to treat my ADHD. I am not able to build lasting relationships. My wife the other day told me she can never understand me. I have had friends told me this before so I come off as “random” at times.

However, on the positive note. I am super ambitious and have achieved more than any of my normal friends. I am like a super dad to my son who just learned how to walk and I can get on his level and act like a kid. All in all, I still feel as I’m alone in this world because no one can understand me.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

It sounds like your dose was increased more than you can tolerate on the stimulant. The dose should only increase if warranted, and reduced back down to the prior level if any of these symptoms occur.

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

capitalprophets
      Participant

I felt that way since I started taking the medicine.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.