Symptom Tracking Method for Med Titration

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Symptom Tracking Method for Med Titration

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      blacktop
      Participant

Hi,
      I am an adult diagnosed with ADHD and beginning medication titration. I would like to track the change of my symptoms over time to help with med titration. I found a method ( The Weiss Functional Impairment rating scale) on these forums for titrating meds but it seems too general and directed at parents evaluating a child’s symptoms.

Is there an existing evaluation method that is more detailed and geared at tracking symptom changes for an adult tracking their own sypmtoms for med titration?

Please help.
      Thanks.

smjimenez31
      Participant

Finally!! Someone who can put it into words.

manda0478
      Participant

Great post. I am in same situation. I’ll be starting meds next week.

Mimi_c
      Participant

I am on and off in trial for medication.The doctor keep me on for antidepressants but Adhd is more dominant than my mood disorder.When we mix medication for my mood and adhd i find it too much to handle for my brain, everytime i talk to my doctor about it he would just say I’m being a baby.Now he put me on for adhd medication only,although I had told him before the one’s he prescribed is not that effective, still he is giving me the same family of the medication.I asked him if there are other options, he would just say they are all of the same purpose.I am frustrated because if i complain to him that the medication is not working that well to me he would say i could have something else but then he would never gave me other options of other effective medication.He don’t want to tell me either the reason why he just wants to gave me the same family of medication.I have on my mind what to tell him but during my appointment I am always just relying on what he said and prescribed.Any ideas on this situation will be highly appreciated!

blacktop
        Participant

^^^you need a new doctor. Try a different clinic, or after your next appointment request to change to doctor xxx at the front desk if your current clinic has a wide range of docs to choose from.

Your current doc sounds terrible.

Mimi_c
      Participant

In my situation i don’t have a large scope of medical practitioner’s choices.Although the clinic that I’m in now has different choices of doctors which i tried to do to changed him but the everyone in that clinic was trying to single me out.I feel helpless so i try myself to work out with them.

Mimi_c
      Participant

Also because being a Filipino has something to do with all of this also.

blacktop
      Participant

I guess what I am looking for is ideas for symptom categories to track. Currently, I track throughout the work day on an hourly basis:
      mood (1 to 10 scale)
      attention/focus (1 to 10 scale)
      water consumption (ounces of water)
      amount of sleep (time asleep, time awake, approx. amount of sleep in hours)

I also have a comment section for notes on any unique aspects of the day that might affect my data.

One thing I have noticed is that my mood can be very situation dependent. On one occasion I felt pretty good at work that day when something happened that I perceived as negative and my mood just went south after that for the rest of the day. This has been somewhat enlightening to me, as I furthermore note that my attention/focus level does not seem to correlate highly with mood ratings.

However, “attention/focus” seems very general, and I just don’t seem to glean any useful information from the hourly data. I generally have better attention/focus in the morning which wanes even after I take a second dose of quick release rx (my first dose is taken in the morning, the second is in the afternoon). This is the only trend I am seeing and it’s really not enlightening so I’m wondering if there are other facets of attention/focus that you track. If so, what do you track? How do you track it (1 to 10 scale, or a bad-neutral-good type scale, or etc…).

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.