Suspecting ADHD

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  harry123519 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Onyx
    Participant

Hello, nice to meet you all šŸ™‚

I’m 27 years old and can’t afford any therapy right now or diagnosis but after years of researching for myself I suspect I’m either in the general high functioning autism spectrum or in the ADHD spectrum or perhaps both? All I know so far is that I relate to both conditions very much..almost to the point where I don’t know if there are any actual differences lol. All I know is that I recently started finding out more about ADHD (which in the past I had ignored due to the misconception of mine that adhd was mostly about kids+about physical hyperactivity), and I keep realizing how much I relate.

1)Extremely low motivation that has been bugging me through my entire life. At a certain point I even thought I had some sort of ‘motivation lacking pathology’ as I called it.
    2)Very bad with details or detailed instructions or things that require my attention when I’m not even interested in them.
    3)Get bored easily and have to do something even if it’s to just sit on my bed and listen to music.
    4)Not the physical hyper-active type, more of the mental one. My brain is constantly buzzing, to the point of exhaustion actually.
    5)Huge amounts of anxiety especially with work related issues and social stuff.
    6)I have lost several friends and up until recently I couldn’t even understand why..after searching more about these 2 conditions I suspect, I realized how easy it must have been for me to lose them. I’ve always thought I was a pretty good friend but apparently my lack of social skills might have been the main reason for the loss of friends and ‘friends’.
    7)Over-reaction to things, very emotional and sensitive and major anger issues.
    8)Sensory sensitivities..lots of them.

There are some more but too tired to write them down. Anyways, I could really use some extra ‘traits’ or less popular traits in people with ADHD from you guys. They might help shed some more light in this. Thank you šŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Onyx.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Penny Williams.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Signs of ADHD are often different in women and girls:

ADHD in Women Symptom Checklist

It gets overlooked far too often in this population.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

harry123519
    Participant

Hi Iā€™m Harry, Iā€™m 19 I am highly convinced I have ADHD, a gp has referred me to a mental health doctor. I have many questions to ask as understanding this is quite new to me. My symptoms are evident across all 3 categories of ADHD.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.