Supplements? DHA? Focus Factor? which ones help?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Food, Nutrition & Health Supplements? DHA? Focus Factor? which ones help?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  suziandben 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

ddt1981
    Participant

My son is on 32mg of concerta. My pediatrician does not agree with pill form supplements so I am struggling with this. I am trying to identify the foods that will help him focus. I did some online researching and it seems that “focus factor” supplement helps, “DHA” supplements help. I am just wondering what other parents use for supplements in conjunction with medication, just to add a little extra help and boost for him nutritional wise. thank you!!!

jenischaffer
    Participant

I’m also interested in seeing if anyone has had success with supplements

amyparr
    Participant

Yes diet and supplements can make a huge difference. I just started my son on the Feingold Diet a month ago and already see a so much more peace. No more angry outbursts unless we slip up on the diet. And it really isn’t cutting things that they like out. Just switching them out with something different. But read on adhdnaturally.org
    They have a whole pack that we are about to start on. If you don’t do supplements you will be hard pressed to get all the needed nutrition in them each day.

suziandben
    Participant

This is an older thread but I’m wondering about Nac-acetyl cysteine as a supplement for children. I’ve just done a bunch of reading about it. If anyone’s child is taking this how much are they taking? The reading I did associated this with autism more but also addiction and tics. It’s a natural amino acid I believe. Seems like it’s worth a try. If anyone has had experience with this please let me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.