Struggling to prioritize/organization in Nursing School

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Struggling to prioritize/organization in Nursing School

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      snowgoddess81
      Participant

I am in my 30’s and in nursing school. I was doing ok until all of my classes changed to entirely online with the pandemic. Now I struggle to come up with a way to stay on top of my lectures, homework, and other important things to do. I struggle with organization and how to not get distracted when I have a long list of tasks/homework to get done and its all on my own schedule. I have a day planner but I’m not very good at utilizing it effectively. Sometimes a whole day passes and I have just gotten distracted with other things. Does anyone have any good tips or systems to prioritize and create a schedule? I take stimulant medications which are helpful. Cheers!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Your post instantly made me think of this article:

“I Need a Plan for Using a Planner”

And there are more helpful strategies in this article too:

41 Time Hacks Used by ADHD Ninjas (aka Our Favorite Experts)

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

snowgoddess81
      Participant

Thank you so much for the helpful resources-there are a lot of very useable and useful tips in those articles!

Gazettechan
      Participant

Those links look great, I’m going to check them later. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.