Speech symptoms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 3 months ago.

• Author

BarclayB
    Participant

Please help. I am 51 and, although not formally diagnosed, I believe I suffer from ADHD on top of anxiety, on top of OCD, on top of depression. It has become particularly severe in the last 6 mos. to a year. I’m hoping this is all that it is. If not, I’ve convinced myself that I suffer from progressive aphasia/frontal lobe dementia. I now often have word finding difficulties and difficulties in saying certain words. I fear it is something neurological as opposed to psychological. Has anyone else had these issues? Thanks!

Inak
    Participant

Hi there

Yes! I am in a waiting list for adhd / asd treatment.
    I also think my problem is genetic and a precursor for dementia, my paternal grandmother had the same difficulties I have, she had dementia. My father is the same too, if he is diagnosed I will know for certain it is genetic. Not sure if there are any genetic tests available.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

It’s best to see your doctor and have them test for every possibility so you can get to the bottom of it accurately.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.