Spaghetti Everyday!?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MessMom 2 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author

RV
    Participant

Dear friends, I am an adult diagnosed two years ago with ADD, and I take Strattera 100mg everyday, and I have a son that is almost 3 years old. It is very difficult for me to focus at the same time on cooking and keeping an eye on my son, so I am only able to cook the easiest meal: it is spaghetti every time!

So… (1) would you share with me any cooking ideas that are as easy to cook as spaghetti?

(2) what do you think of microwave + ready-made deep frozen food?

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

What about prepping meals, especially freezer meals, when someone else can keep an eye on your son for a while? You could prep once a week and then just pop things in the oven in the evenings. There are tons of recipes for this on Pinterest under “Freezer Meals,” but casseroles, baked pastas, and soups seem to be most common.

More tips:

Secrets to Stress-Free Dinner Planning

Fast, Healthy Recipes That Everyone Loves

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

MessMom
    Participant

My mother suffers from Bipolar Disorder so I grew up on a diet of diet soda and microwave TV dinners. I developed normally & scored in the 98th percentile when my school did standardized testing. Your child will be fine, microwave away mama.

❤️

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.