Sooo many mistakes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Hana74
    Participant

I am 45 and through the many years of “I am stupid, I forget and lose everything” I created many small rituals that keep me functioning (like being super organized and having lists upon lists)
    My problem are mistakes. Part of my work is data entry and I put the wrong codes in on daily basis. Last week I spent 45 min driving to pick up my shoe order because I somehow selected the store that was on the other side of the city rather than the one that was next door. My daughter almost lost her HS scholarship because I thought the deadline was in May instead of March (you see how I confuse May with March, right?). Also last week, I forgot my wallet at home while grocery shopping so I had to ask my mom who was with me to help me out. After I got my groceries I offered to get money out of the ATM so I can repay her (yes, I still did not have my wallet).

So my problem are these little glitches in my brain.
    Any suggestions how to deal with them? I am pretty trained in putting things at their place (most of the time), almost coming to work on time, my memory is not awful even though I still cannot remember the the 12 5-digit codes I need for my work (cheetsheet!).

It’s these times when my brain skips activity (like offering to pay with a card I know I don’t have or selecting the wrong store).

Thanks. I don’t know how long my boss will tolerate this.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

This article might help you some, not with preventing mistakes, but with how you react to it:

Moving Forward After a Mistake

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.