Songs That Speak To You

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  damnmouse 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Have you ever listened to a song and felt like it described you really well? I listened to the song “Everything is Alright” by Motion City Soundtrack and the lyrics hit me really hard with the whole ADHD situation. So much so that it’s my favorite song.

Do you have any songs that you feel describe you really well or fit with your ADHD? I like to try to connect music to my life all the time and I think it’d be interesting to hear if anyone else has any songs like that!

missjadedunicorn
    Participant

Heavy Linkin Park
    Fragile Tech N9ne
    Don’t matter Rehab

Ranma
    Participant

One that cones to mind is Another world by Capsule.
    Because I don’t want to be here anymore, I’m tired of everyone dumping on me for being me, or treating me like garbage because I’m not neuro typical.

jlb83
    Participant

Anything Aimee Mann, but especially her album “Lost In Space”

pinkbarbie
    Participant

Vienna by Billy Joel really speaks to my impulsive ADHD side. “slow down you crazy child, you’re so ambitious for a juvenile” encapsulates so much of myself in that I have such big dreams and expectations of myself but I’m also so reckless that I think that might get in the way of me achieving my goals.
    Also Liability by Lorde is really great for when you’re feeling like you’re just ‘too much’, too hyper, too wild, for everyone. Great song to cry to.
    Please share more music!

damnmouse
    Participant

Between the Bars by Elliot Smith
    Space Song by Beach House
    Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins

Maybe more akin to depression at the moment but I’m not feeling that great about myself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.