Songs That Speak To You

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mysteriousmarissa 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Have you ever listened to a song and felt like it described you really well? I listened to the song “Everything is Alright” by Motion City Soundtrack and the lyrics hit me really hard with the whole ADHD situation. So much so that it’s my favorite song.

Do you have any songs that you feel describe you really well or fit with your ADHD? I like to try to connect music to my life all the time and I think it’d be interesting to hear if anyone else has any songs like that!

missjadedunicorn
    Participant

Heavy Linkin Park
    Fragile Tech N9ne
    Don’t matter Rehab

hellfirehead75
      Participant

“Air” by Talikng Heads, from Fear Of Music, also from the same album “Paper” and “Memories Can’t Wait.
      The Autism in me recognises much familiar ground in “The Big Country” from More Songs About Buildings And Food-if you give it a a listen I should point out that for me, it’s “couldn’t” not “wouldn’t”!

Ranma
    Participant

One that cones to mind is Another world by Capsule.
    Because I don’t want to be here anymore, I’m tired of everyone dumping on me for being me, or treating me like garbage because I’m not neuro typical.

jlb83
    Participant

Anything Aimee Mann, but especially her album “Lost In Space”

pinkbarbie
    Participant

Vienna by Billy Joel really speaks to my impulsive ADHD side. “slow down you crazy child, you’re so ambitious for a juvenile” encapsulates so much of myself in that I have such big dreams and expectations of myself but I’m also so reckless that I think that might get in the way of me achieving my goals.
    Also Liability by Lorde is really great for when you’re feeling like you’re just ‘too much’, too hyper, too wild, for everyone. Great song to cry to.
    Please share more music!

damnmouse
    Participant

Between the Bars by Elliot Smith
    Space Song by Beach House
    Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins

Maybe more akin to depression at the moment but I’m not feeling that great about myself.

jcastroreyes
    Participant

“Panic Attack” by Dream Theater and “The Unnamed Feeling” by Metallica, only because my anxiety has been through the roof lately. Working it down though, thank God.

archs1862
    Participant

I actually have a short playlist that speaks to i guess the wavelength i feel i’m always in.

It’s sporadic, eclectic, but chill at the same time and it feels really familiar to my brain.

give a listen if you want if you have spotify

Genres are mixed, electronic, hip-hop, pop, metal-ish

hellfirehead75
    Participant

Hi Everybody,
    I suppose most odf us arew on here listing songs which have deep personal significance, sadly for us most of our experiences have not been that positive and I am sure thatthis is reflected in the choices given.
    I am 60 and when I was around 10 years old there was a very idealised children’s adventure series featuring White Horses which the series was called.
    It was naive and very black and white but the theme song permeated the entire thing and filled the listener-me, at any rate with a sense of wonder and joy-I was only 10..
    The theme song is:surprisingly enough also called ” White Horses” and it is sung by Jacky.
    You may all find it ridiculous and sappy but nonetheless, I recommend it to all of you too every body. I am a 60 year old grizzly bastard but this song makes tears of joy-and multiple other unspecified emotions- run down my cheeks.
    It’s on youtube-be adventurous and I hope this brings you at least a smile for a moment or two.

hellfirehead75
    Participant

message to self, don’t write emails when you have not sleptt for 48 hours!

Ranma
    Participant

Well I finally remembered this one,” Given up ” by Linkin park,it doesn’t speak to me, but it sums up all the worst parts of my A.D.D. especially the emotional dysregulation.

mysteriousmarissa
    Participant

“I’m all out of hope
    One more bad dream could bring a fall?
    When I’m far from home
    Don’t call me on the phone
    To tell me you’re alone
    It’s easy to deceive
    It’s easy to tease
    But hard to get release
    Eyes without a face (les yeux sans visage)
    Eyes without a face, got no human grace your eyes without a face
    I spend so much time
    Believing all the lies
    To keep the dream alive
    Now it makes me sad
    It makes me mad at truth
    For loving what was you
    When you hear the music you make a dip
    Into someone else’s pocket then make a slip
    Steal a car and go to las vegas oh, the gigolo pool
    Hanging out by the state line, turning holy water into wine
    Drinkin’ it down
    I’m on a bus on a psychedelic trip
    Reading murder books tryin’ to stay hip
    I’m thinkin’ of you you’re out there so
    Say your prayers
    Say your prayers
    Say your prayers
    Now I close my eyes
    And I wonder why
    I don’t despise
    Now all I can do
    Love what was once
    So alive and new
    But it’s gone from your eyes
    I’d better realize
    Such a human waste your eyes without a face
    And now it’s getting worse”

Songwriters: Billy Idol / Steve Stevens / William Broad
    Eyes Without a Face lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, BMG Rights Management

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.