Son with sever Adhd, developentally delayed and sensory issues

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Son with sever Adhd, developentally delayed and sensory issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jmhunter1014 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Mom3ADHD
    Participant

Mmy 6 yrs old son is severely Adhd, with developmental delays and sensory issues. He has developed an issue with Bubbles which makes bath time a nightmare! I’ve tried looking for a bubble free soap online but I get search results for everything but what I’m looking for Asked pediatrician he wasn’t aware of any. I’m at my wits end.

benitaranzon
    Participant

Have you considered using sorbolene lotion? I have friends with eczema who use that instead of soap. Just rub it on wet skin and wash off. Just one idea…

jmhunter1014
    Participant

https://www.autismcommunitystore.com/living-with-autism/bathing-dressing?cat=176

I did a search for “sensory friendly soap” and found this. I hope this can help, or at least lead you in the right direction of what products to look out for. Everything I found when looking for “lather free soap” or “soap that doesn’t lather” kept bringing me to soaps with high concentrations of oils, and no sulfates (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate apparently is what’s added to create richer lathers in store bought products). Dr Bonner’s came up a couple of times, as did lots of suggestions for goats milk soaps.

Best of luck in your search!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.