Someone like you!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Someone like you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      revoltage
      Participant

Hi everyone. I searched for an introduction thread, but i couldn’t find anywhere. Maybe i “underlooked” lol.

Inner voice:

“I’m not sure it’s a real word. hmm let me see, open google. should i search on oxford or webster? i need to know which is better. search oxford vs. webster… omg oxford is such a old school. By the way what is the oldest college? …”

half an hour later:

“So that’s how the quantum mechanics invented. Ov forum, i was writing an introduction. D*mn. I did it again”

My name is revoltage and I am 30 years old. I diagnosed last year and the simple role play above is a perfect way to introduce myself.

Did i said hi?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by revoltage.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by revoltage.
      sdr4997
      Participant

That is the most perfect introduction I believe I have ever read. Love the raw honesty of what life with ADHD is all about. I would venture to guess everyone that reads this site could relate to your little “role play” introduction. Actually, I signed onto my computer to pay bills but noticed the ADDitude tab was still opened, went to close it, then noticed the threads were still on the page so here I am reading through blog posts as opposed to paying the bill I intended to pay 30 min ago… And so goes life with distractions.

By the way, I am 40 and was just officially diagnosed about 3 months ago…. It wasn’t until my daughter was diagnosed 4 years ago that my doctor and I began to suspect she inherited it from me. Even so, it took an additional 4 years after her diagnosis to reach a point where my doctor couldn’t ignore the signs any longer and my symptoms became even more clear after my depression was under control. Sorry, far more info than I intended to get into.

Anyway, its nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the resources available and the connection to like minded people on this site as much as I have.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.