Solutions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I absolutely love ADDitude! It has been one of the most important sources of information for me to understand my adult ADHD as well as my child’s. My struggle is that I am drowning in information and get so engaged in reading great articles. I keep looking for specific solutions, but only become disappointed to see comments like, “this is will empower you to recognize what is happening…” I would love more specific action items included in the articles. Am I the only one who feels this way? One specific article that I loved was the article about an ADHD mind being like an intersection with cars. I need more specific techniques to implement when I catch myself in the moment that I am responding with the ADHD mindset. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

got2be
      Participant

I read the same article. It talked about “The Intersection Model” and mentioned creating your own stop signs to help deal with the traffic. I just don’t know how to make a stop sign or where to put it. Maybe I need to make a rule for myself that if I have a certain impulse, or if someone reacts to me in a certain way, I need to immediately step on the breaks. I may not know why or understand that there’s a problem, but I could use those clues to tell me I need to stop before making another move. I think this is the article you’re talking about. Everything You Never Knew About The ADHD Brain, by Alison Kravit: https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-brain-prefrontal-cortex-attention-emotions/?utm_source=eletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=best_august_2018&utm_content=080318

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Working with an ADHD Coach could help you create tailored strategies and action items for what you’d like to improve.

The ADHD Coach: A Personal Trainer For Your Brain

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.