I was diagnosed almost a year ago and wow has it been a difficult yet also strengthening year. I found great relief with medication but am often discouraged that I still struggle with ADHD behaviors daily. Lately I have been trying to take pleasure in the small steps I take every day to improve myself. That is difficult for me because I am most impatient with myself.
When I am able to celebrate my tiny victories, it is easier to see my progress. Some tiny victories I want to acknowledge to myself:
1. I have gotten so much better at pulling myself out of bed in the morning and getting dressed before noon
2. I bought a calendar, posted it, and even wrote myself reminders on it
3. I have gotten better at putting my keys on the key ring
4. I can share my love with my family more fully as I am not aggravated by constant exhaustion (thank you, meds)
5. I make dinner sometimes instead of never
6. My tedious home tasks and chores seem more important to me now, which makes them easier to do. Repeatedly.