Set up for failure!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kmac4867
      Participant

I was diagnosed just a couple of years ago as an adult in my 30’s. I always knew something wasn’t quite right with me. In school I struggled and was even put in special ed classes for certain subjects (which didn’t help because I was still exepected to take and pass the state exams). I’ve always struggled to make friends and chose unhealthy relationships with men because I couldn’t seem to good people with morals to like me. I’m nice, too nice so people take advantage of my kindness. Then I realize that I’m worth more, which means I end up alone ruminating while women that are jerks get what I’ve been dying to have. Im in a relationship now with a successful man, but is very condescending at times and I can’t ever seem to meet his expectations. He wants me to finish my degree so that I can be more stable which is great, it’s just that I’ve been struggling to do so because I can’t keep permanent employment. I’ve always been a temp, and I can’t seem to escape it. So I’m circling the drain of failure as well. I want to finish this degree, but with bills and a child to take care of I usually have to end up using some of my school money just to pay rent when I’m in between jobs. I hate my life and I’m afraid if I don’t finish this degree soon, I will lose my relationship with him and end up not only alone but broke. I’m not the type that wants others taking care of me. I’m not incompetent or stupid. I’m just lost and desire to be normal so I can be taken seriously, make great money, take care of my child, and maintain a relationship. How to I end this cycle?

Ntjhu
      Participant

Hi Keia, I too was diagnosed late in life, and always knew I was different. I just learned not too long ago how much I had to learn about myself. Welcome, Congratulations on your baby! I bet you’re a great mom, we ADHDers are good moms, There are so many more good things about you than negative, it took me so long to learn that. You just now got to the starting point where you could get the information you need. Things will get better from here, knowledge is wisdom! The wisdom to make better decisions, the peace to know why we do things we do, the chance to laugh with others like us. We’re really an exceptional group of people, so you’re going to be fine. I found this place just a couple of years ago, I love it! I have total faith in you, look how far you got with no information at all! That’s how smart and resourceful you are! Think about what you can do with a little insight ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.