selecting an ADHD/audilogical coach for my child

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents selecting an ADHD/audilogical coach for my child

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

wlasko01
    Participant

I live in Stamford Connecticut. My child has been diagnosed with ADHD and an Audiological deficit. Child is on IEP. I am looking for a coach that would be able to help him with his executive functioning issues and that would be able to help him work around any audiological deficit…

How would I go about this for finding a coach in my geographic area?

If requested, can child’s public school make a recommendation for such a coach? are they required to? The school system did the evaluation and diagnosis that led to the ADHD and audiological discovery.

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Most coaches work via phone or online video call, so geographic area isn’t as important. There are many ADHD Coaches listed in the ADDitude Directory here: https://directory.additudemag.com/listing/guide/adhd-coaches. You can narrow the list by looking for those that really hone in on executive functioning skills. There are also a few EF coaches out there.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.