Reminder Watch

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Pump2Duncan
      Participant

Awhile back I saw some facebook ad or video or something for some kid’s watch that parents could set up specific times to prompt kids to do specific tasks (i.e. brush teeth). Anyone know where to find said vaguely descriptive watch? LOL. My son LOVES routine. Loves schedules. And he is really great at completing one task at a time. But I have 3 kids to help get ready in the morning. Written lists have proven ineffective. I was hoping to maybe find this watch and maybe give it a try. If we say put it on in the morning when I give him his Concerta.

ConrJakesMom
      Participant

I know of 2: Watchminder and Revibe. I am sure there are more out there as well you can find. I haven’t tried either at this point. My son is not great at wearing items on his wrist.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Revibe only vibrates on intervals. Watchminder is likely what you’re asking about.

Keep Track of Time with 6 of Our Favorite Gadgets

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Pump2Duncan
      Participant

Thanks for the suggestions! I found the one I had see on Facebook. It’s this one: https://www.heyjoy.io/ The Octopus. It looks a little bit more childlike with its pictures, but my son is very visual and I think will respond better to the photo prompts than the word prompts. Due to his school’s strict uniform policy, this would be an at-home tool. So I’m not concerned about him being teased at school because of it being a little more “little kid” like.

I also liked that it had an app, so that as he marks things off, I get notifications (like say feeding the pets) and can create some sort of positive feedback. Really just trying to help him gain some independence in the mornings and afternoons-he won’t always have me around to nudge him to his next task. For example, this morning (like lots of mornings) – he was just walking around in the living room. He had 10 minutes before he had to leave. He had ate breakfast and gotten dressed, but his lunch wasn’t made – his teeth weren’t brushed, his hair wasn’t combed. These are things he knows how to do and he doesn’t mind doing. He wasn’t being bad, he wasn’t playing. He was just stuck. All he needed was a prompt to complete the next task. All I had to say was “hey bud, did you brush your teeth?” And his response was “oooooooh….yeaaaah, no” and he ran off to do it. But if I hadn’t come out of my room (was getting myself ready for work) – who knows if he would have stopped pacing in the living room.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.