Possibly ADD/ADHD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thoughts@Lightspeed
      Participant

Hello All,

It’s been an emotional hour for me which is me just saying I get short few minutes before emotional outburst take my patience and my focus away. I just really needed to hear from someone diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and confirm if my brain and emotions and researching is right? I already have Depression and Anxiety disorders, what’s another one right?

Honestly I don’t know what I’m asking. I just booked an appointment with a mental health clinic to figure out if I have ADD/ADHD and I already have poor coping skills and now I’m just typing my thoughts as they come 🙃 Ahhhhh OK let me try and explain my brain. My brain is good, smart but the best way I have is like most people seem to think/procces information at the speed of sound but my brain is going at light speed, (parsecs at plack time<~dmt). Like my thoughts don’t happen in a straight line because there are side tracks,some long, some short but still connected to the idea of the main road other people have no problem sticking to. I can generally find my way back to the same main road if I’m have conversation with other people they get lost if I explain the side track thinking to my conclusions.(I’m explaing this poorly)If any of thus makes sense to someone else. I figured and kinda still do on some level that I just need to stop take responsibility for my own lack of motivation and ability to follow threw in my own life. Do better and all that jazz, there is no try, and I never do so I’m a failer. Shit this got spicy in the wrong way fast. Anyway if this some like neurotypical BS please let me know, it’s never my intention to disrespect or willfully encourage or enact ignorance. I just need to know I’m not gonna wasting the time of the medical practitioners I’m currently seeking out. Thank you for your time.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

It’s never a waste of time to investigate your concerns. Many are misdiagnosed with anxiety and depression when they in fact have ADHD.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.