Possible ADHD

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      froggy1028
      Participant

I have a friend who shows major symptoms of both categories of ADHD. But these behaviours are only/mostly at school. For ADHD to be diagnosed, the symptoms must impact 2 or more locations, such as home AND school, or home, school, and summer camp, etc. She genuinely seems like she has the disorder, and fits it to a T. But it’s only at school! I don’t know what it could be.

Pump2Duncan
      Participant

In my personal opinion, the symptoms of ADHD can be more pronounced in a school settings than they might be at home. At least for my son, his symptoms were much more noticeable in a setting where he had to sit still and remain quiet for long periods of time (like at school). At home, the symptoms were there – they just weren’t as noticeable.

My son’s diagnosis included testing that had input from teachers, parents and other caregivers which gave the doctor a more comprehensive look at my son.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Try this online self-test:

[Self-Test] Could You Have Adult ADHD?

Ultimately, it’s up to a clinician after an evaluation to decide if she has ADHD or not.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.