Poor boy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Peabody
      Participant

At age 61,my symptoms have been getting worse for 12 years now,since my wife passed.
      After watching ADD&loving it,I am pretty sure that I have it. I also think I’ve had it since I was a kid….I am a hs dropout with a ged. I’ve had maybe 12 to 15 jobs as a adult, excelling at the ones I was interested in, an not so much the others.
      I married at 33 and that wonderful wife of mine seemed to make all my imperfections disappear. Then at 49 she passed away in my arms one morning. So I might have some PTSD in the mix.
      The first time I felt anxiety I was 5 or 6. My dad was slapping my mom around n my 12 yo brother got between them n said leave her alone n he got knocked down too. Well I remember that feeling to this day.
      Anyway, with no money or insurance it is not possible for me to pursue a diagnosis or afford privy meds. So my plan is to get some celexa from my family doctor n try to mix in some lifestyle changes n hope for the best. Tho I don’t want to waste another 12 years.
      So has anyone else tried anything similar with any success. Or any helpful tips?
      Thank u for your time. I hope everyone here gets some relief from there mental pain.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Celexa is an antidepressant and sometimes used for anxiety, I believe. I’ve never heard of it treating ADHD symptoms.

Common treatments for ADHD are: stimulant medication, non-stimulant medication, and some meds used off-label (Wellbutrin, tricyclics, etc…).

There are alternative treatments too, like diet, exercise, meditation, brain training, and supplements.
      https://www.additudemag.com/category/explore-adhd-treatments/natural-treatments/

There are some clinics around that do free or sliding scale appointments and evaluations. That could be an option.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Peabody
      Participant

Shortly after my wife passed, o was given celexa for depression n anxiety. It was very helpful in getting through my day.
      With no insurance, the cost of a diagnosis from a therapist n expensive meds r out of my reach for now.
      Anxiety seems to peak in the winter for me, so I could use some relief right now. So the celexa plan is a cheap quick start that is achievable for me.
      House is dirty, dishes dirty, unfinished projects ect. I think it’s my best choice for at least getting things under control for now.

After watching ADD&loving it, I felt great. I finally figured out what has been wrong all my life. I thought….all I need now is a diagnosis n the right meds. Well a replacement for my 17 year old truck and the 23 year old roof has been on the list awhile now and they must come first.

I do thank you for the info you gave me. I think it will be helpful.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.