Peer-to-peer coaching

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Penny Williams
      Keymaster

This discussion was originally started by user GLADD in ADDitude’s now-retired community. The ADDitude editors have included it here to encourage more discussion.

Are there any women out there who would be interested in trying some ADD peer-coaching?  I have been doing it for years and it is really fun and effective (and best of all, of course, free)!  If anyone wants to give it a try, email me at addbuddy30@gmail.com. Liz

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user What? in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I’m really always up to looking up projects and gathering materials and Ideas but can’t get to execution part of them. Has anyone ever been able to get off this tract of zillions of ideas and little follow through? I guess I need to take ideas all the way to the end before I begin. My guest room could be a michaels

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user mgogreen in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I would love to give and get peer- coaching. I often wish I had someone to hold me accountable and cheer me on. And I would enjoy being that motivation for others!

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user singsinthecar in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

It appears there are a lot of us who are interested. I’m 53 and newly diagnosed so I’m a baby when it comes to this but I too would love to have someone hold me accountable. Liz it probably isn’t possible for you to peer coach everyone who wants one…. why don’t we develop a matrix and pair people up? What criteria should we use? Age? Profession? Geography? I’m willing to take this on … Liz let me know your thoughts.

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Swest21381 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Hi… To the user name what?,

Wow we should talk! I could have written your post. My name is Samantha…. Read my profile… If you think we would click, I’d love to have a buddy to go through this stuff with. My post is pretty long. And maybe a bit too much. But I am frustrated!!! Ya know?!?! I need help with Motivation, accountability… Life….

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user ResearchBunny in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I am interested also. I am looking for a buddy who can do a brief check-in every day by facebook. five minutes for me, five minutes for her.

Is there anyone out there who is interested in doing this? with real structure, agreed upon ground rules for accountability… this is not therapy but task oriented. Is anyone interested?

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user meandourboys in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I am interested in this very much. I have been starving to find someone local that I connected with to do this sort of thing. Someone to work WITH on projects or HANG OUT while we do the tough stuff. Because with someone to keep me occupied from walking in a circle, I can pretty consistently finish a task or project in a timely, non-anxiety inducing state. But left to do things alone or even plan out what to do, I can very quickly turn into a mess. And my husband (also dx ADHD, as well as our 6yo son) has not really been open to us doing stuff together like this because I feel like he has lost faith in my ability to do things, ever…. And that makes me sad or frustrated, and the I overcompensate, wear myself out, and vicious cycle. (Like now, when I should be studying for HUGE work certification exam that is Tuesday.)

And “What?”—holy crap I could open a craft store from my back den (and another from my upstairs bonus room, maybe even a popup shop from the back of my Sequoia, BAHA!)

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user sonjaRSA in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Hi, I’m from South Africa and people here know nothing about living with ADHD so I am very isolated and some support will be very much appreciated and maybe then I will be able to get more done. P.S. FYI I am new to this group so still getting use to how the communication thing works.

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user sara212 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

0MG, SO many responses—but I am not amazed; just shows how badly we all need this. Is there some way to set up a closed (to join) facebook group for us all? I could help with everything but setting it up – no tech skills if somebody would get it started.

Maybe I will just put together a list of all of you, send it out and see what happens. I will put it on my todo list and follow it through.

What do you all think?

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user sara212 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

It is exciting that so many women are visibly interested in peer support. I don’t want to be an “ADDer” who commits and doesn’t follow thorugh, so please, give me a week to get this together – taxes and some other obligations. I was planning to write to each of you individually through this ADHD posting and get all your emails.

But it just occurred to me that an even better solution would be for each of you to respond to me at sarafriedman212@gmail.com (if that is possible) with your name and email and however you want to identify yourselves and what you might need from a group. Then I will respond to all as a group and we
      can simply organize a yahoo or google group and get started.

Let’s give this a try and see how it works.

With mutual focus and support,

Sara

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user GCasey in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

oh my goodness if it’s not too late I would love to participate. 47 yo DX w/ ADD as adult – but I knew it in my first psych class in college but I guess I was too high functioning for a DX when younger.

Anyhow if we are seeking similar people to reach out to for support – I am childless, early menopause – which really made symptoms worse. I use lots of lists. I love starting things but am terrible at finishing you all know the drill….

Allison Russo
      Keymaster

WoW!! There seem to be 20 of us or so (probably a few repeats). This is so challenging but I am hoping if we can all just post our emails, then we can get a list together and start a google group. Mine is sarafriedman212@gmail.com. So please send me yours. When I get a few (hopefully 4 or 5) I will send them all back to each of you; we can start a conversation and then form a google group.
      At that point we can all have each other’s emails and

I tried doing it to each of you privately, but it was too cumbersome. So I look forward to hearing from you. What agreat need we can fill – with some good collaboration.

Sara

JumbledJanee
      Participant

He Sara

I just tried to email you. Hope you got my details. I would love to be part of this.

Jane

krischais
      Participant

Hi Sara,
      Is this group active, excited about potential of it please let me know how do I get in touch, thanks

Krischais
      Kristine

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.