Parent Training Centers closing in NYS-Help!!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Parent Training Centers closing in NYS-Help!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dmu1970
      Participant

I live in upstate NY and just found out that
      The 14 parent support training centers in New York State are closing effective June 30, 2019.
      They have offered free special education guidance, training,And information to parents and professionals over the years. They are the reason I know my rights when it comes to advocating on behalf of my children.

The new Model – called the office of special education (OSE) educational partnership will:

• Promote meaningful change within
      the educational system;
      • Promote family and community
      engagement within the educational
      system;
      • Provide information and training in
      the areas of literacy, behavior, transition, specially designed instruction, and equity; as well as
      • Provide information and training about available service options for students from early childhood through high school.

Apparently NYS Education Department is seeking input from the community as to what services parents and professionals would want to see offered within this new model. I could use your help coming up with ideas – I have some ideas but I would love to hear from all of you. What would you like to see in a model like this ?

Thank you everyone ~

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.