Pairing Zoloft with mydayis

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Pairing Zoloft with mydayis

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Lewis 8 months ago.

• Author

specialk123
    Participant

I was just curious if anyone has any recommendations on timing of these two meds. I’m on mydayis for ADD, which works really well. I’ve also been on Sertraline for about a year and a half now, to work on other areas of my brain. Seems to working okay. I take both in the morning. Doc said it didn’t matter when I took them. I do feel a bit tired during the day though. Would it be better to take the Zoloft at night?

Cndsmommy1
    Participant

Have you considered the possibility that you may be overmedicating? I started Mydayis on 37.5 mg, and it was pretty effective. When I went back to my doctor for my 3 month appointment, we thought it might be good to try 50 mg. So I tried that one for 3 months. I noticed I could take the 50 mg, 400 mg of wellbutrin, and drink a caffeinated drink and I could easily fall asleep within a couple hours. I was getting a decent amount of sleep, so if wasn’t like I was just that exhausted. I went back for my next appointment and told my doctor, and we agreed to back off the dose to the original again. I find it to be a lot easier to keep my eyes open since the switch. I still have days that I struggle, but for the most part, the lower dose helps me more. I also took zoloft years ago before the wonderful Mydayis was created, and I believe I took it at night because I noticed I got tired during the day. So it may be one or the other, but it may also be a combination of both. If it were me, I would try to take the zoloft in the evening, and if that didn’t help, then talk to your doctor about your dosage of Mydayis. That’s what I would do. Good luck and God bless.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Moving the Zoloft to the evening could help with that. Many people take anxiety/depression meds like SSRIs at night because they can make you drowsy.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Aaron Lewis
      Participant

I take clonazepam and mirtazapine at night. Combined they don’t make me as drowsy as they used to. Clonazepam has been a literal job saver for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.