Our health system, and resources are GARBAGE

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Our health system, and resources are GARBAGE

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      exrec9
      Participant

I’m 51 and have been fired from several jobs due to my ADD. I also make a solid 6 figure income (not rubbing this in just using it as a marker of my situation). I’m broke because I cannot control my impulses so I cannot go to providers that dont take insurance as they are ungodly cost wise. I contacted my insurance to find a provider and most are inundated due to Covid. When I do find one it’s a younger inexperienced person that I blank out almost immediately so I’m back to the drawing board.

Please forgive my language here but WHAT THE *** is up with the crap system we have? No one cares and it’s all about the f**king money. All I want is help, NOT DRUGS if I dont need them (plus i’ve tried them all and nothing works). JUST HELP! Why is this so damn hard? I am in danger of getting fired yet again which is going to kill my career and that will trickle down to credit, family etc. But who cares right? Government doesn’t, state doesn’t. Why should I? I want to stop feeling like a failure and put my intelligence to work for me instead of against.

Gazettechan
      Participant

I agree, this system needs a replacement. It takes one willing leader to do this and, I think this won’t happen in the near future.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Have you considered an ADHD coach? They can help you create systems and such that work for you, which can help you stay employed.

The ADHD Coach: A Personal Trainer For Your Brain

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.