Open Letter To My Friends, I'm Trying

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Open Letter To My Friends, I'm Trying

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Tides0fMyMind
      Participant

To my friends,

I’ve been having a really tough time recently… as always. I think I may have heard you say that you don’t believe in ADHD before, but it is truly a debilitating neurological condition that is wreaking havoc on my life.

As an adult, my daily life is constant internal chaos. I feel like I’m in a never-ending hurricane that spins me in circles. I am being thrown in every direction while going nowhere at the same time.

For so long I’ve just been treading water, trying not to sink. I ask myself, “why can’t I learn to swim like everyone else?”

“Why can’t I move on with my life?”

Forgetfulness? Losing thing?
      Forget about just losing my phone, losing my glasses, losing my keys. I’m losing my friendships, my finances, my self-esteem. I’m losing my dreams.

They all just slip away while I’m caught in a brainstorm.

—–

I don’t keep in touch as much as I would like, but it’s not due to a lack of desire. If I don’t make it to that wedding, or that trip we were supposed to go on, or to that yoga class; please don’t take it as a lack of care or a lack of trying or a lack of commitment . I miss you, and I love you, but I’m just so focused on me right now.

Don’t take that as selfish; I’m just trying to learn to swim.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.