Normal with vyvanse?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      anngower54
      Participant

I was first prescribed adderal and I didnt like taking it so my dr prescribed vyvanse. It seems like the first 3 days I take it I’m great. The 4th a little tired, the 5th I’m dragging like hell. The 6th I sleep all day. I ended up forgetting to take it one day and I was back to feeling great and doing great. The pattern continues and when I take it more than that (making sure I dont actually forget). I’m just constantly tired

WulffSBK
      Participant

I started 20mg Vyvanse yesterday. So far I don’t feel all that much different, other than I wasn’t completely drained when I left work yesterday evening. Today has been a nice relaxing Saturday morning. I’m not bored, I’d certainly be up for doing something fun with the kids, but I’m perfectly content piddling around the house and getting packed for a business trip next week (flight leaves in the morning).

I certainly am not finding that things just annoy me. Kids whining. Wife and mother in law chatting about things that don’t matter. Usually I check out when people are chit chatting about the weather, small talk, etc. But I actually participated in the conversation today and didn’t feel the urge to correct people or finish their sentences for them.

Could be the Vyvanse, or could be placebo since I just started the Vyvanse. I’ll try to remember to follow up in a week – which will be the real test – remembering to follow up next week! ūüôā

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Talk to your prescribing doctor about getting more tired the more days in a row you take your medication. That’s not an acceptable side effect, but rather trading one problem for another.

There are two types of stimulants: amphetamine (Adderall, Vyvanse, Evekeo…) and methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Quillivant…). Almost everyone does well on one type or the other, but not both. You’ve tried two amphetamines so maybe it’s time for your doctor to consider trying a methylphenidate.

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.