No medicational treatment in Lithuania after 18yo

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD No medicational treatment in Lithuania after 18yo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DovydasKairys
      Participant

Hello, I was diagnosed with ADHD a couple months ago when I was 17.
      I haven’t been prescribed by any medication because of my late age.
      Now I’m 18 years old.

There are two ADHD drugs available in Lithuania:
      Concerta (18mg, 36mg), Strattera (10mg, 18mg, 15mg, 40mg, 60mg).

Psychiatrists are not allowed to prescribe Concerta for adults (those who are 18 year old already) due to the laws. The prescription is not confirmed by the minister of health.
      Straterra (box of 28 pills) costs 114€ (128$) which is not affordable monthly for an ordinary citizen here. It is not compensated for the adults by the healthcare.

I have ideas to leave my country and try living in Norway. I have already contacted a acquainted general practitioner who is living in the Oslo.

I don’t know what to do. I still have to finish the last class in my gymnasium and exams as well. I almost finished my third gymnasium class. I’m not stupid, I’m very passionate but I have serious problems by accomplishing things. I don’t know what to do. Please help me.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Until you have access to medication, try some alternative treatments for ADHD, like diet, exercise, and supplements.

9 Food Rules for ADHD Families: What to Eat, What to Avoid

12 Brain-Building Food Rules

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

greenjimadd
      Participant

Hello, Dovydas,

you are not alone here in Lithuania, but also not right about medication.

First of all I want to invite you to our closed Facebook group. Just enter “ADHD Lithuania” to search in the Facebook search field and you will find our group. Link to the group.

Second, the situation is realy hard. Just because in Lithuania only few psychiatrist realy understand this disorder and can treat it. So, join to our group.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.