Newly diagnosed

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Staceyree
      Participant

I will go into more details, at a later date. Don’t have it in me right now to focus on telling my history. Short story, tried wellbutrin(generic), took the edge off, but suffered chronic headaches. Couldn’t deal with that. Next tried zoloft (generic). No go for me. Issues at a very low dose. I have zero patience to cope with side effects right now. Now I am trying Adderall, also generic, of course. Just started, very low dose, since I am apparently very sensitive to meds. From the start, I see a remarkable difference. What I am looking for is other people’s input/experience with adderall/generics . I have so many questions, but meds wore off, so don’t have ability right now to put it all out there. Thanks for your patience and any input is appreciated.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There are several user reviews for Adderall on ADDitude’s Treatment Reviews section here:

Adderall XR

Remember though, each individual’s experience with a particular ADHD medication is unique, depending on your own combination of genetics, metabolism, and neurotransmitter functioning. What’s true about Adderall for someone else may not be at all accurate for you.

Here’s more on ADHD medication:

How Does ADHD Medication Work? With Lots of Monitoring

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.