New Treatment, Adderall 1 week In issues.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD New Treatment, Adderall 1 week In issues.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PWT703
      Participant

Hey all,

I have recently gotten a diagnosis of ADHD, but I had suspected it for quite some time now. I have been on Adderall IR for about a week now and am having headaches. I started at 20mg 2x/day, one in the AM, one before bed. Slept great. By the 3rd day I was back to normal after lunch, and struggling. Called my Dr. and he said to up it to 3x/day. Started out fine, but the past 3 days I have been getting headaches. Starts right after I take my first dose in the AM. I do focus and am able to function better, but I have this head ache and feel like I am in a fog almost. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Immediate release and/or Adderall might not be the right medication for you. There are two types of stimulants: amphetamine (Adderall, Vyvanse, Evekeo…) and methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Quillivant…). Almost everyone does well on one type or the other, but not both. These articles will help you understand ADHD stimulant medication and how to trial it until you land on the right med and dose.

ADHD Medications Rarely Work Perfectly on the First Try

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.