Need to vent, advice would be great too!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Need to vent, advice would be great too!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I am married with a 5 year old daughter.

I am officially diagnosed with ADHD and will likely proceed forward with treatment as of August 2018. I would do it immediately but there are so many procedures required in this country, even though I have 3 diagnoses from the USA. I feel like I could really use a miracle. I am tired of coping skills and suffering. So tired.

I feel so alone. Like no one understands me or wants to. My husband is frustrated as hell and it’s affecting our relationship. I feel so stuck, like I am running around in circles, physically and in my mind. I mean, I am at the point of serious desperation. Like I am going down a black hole and living in Groundhogs day. Depression and ANXIETY at a serious point as well as ADHD.

Any tips on how to survive this *waiting* period?

THANKS!

Kgb3
      Participant

I hope this gives you a little hope & help.
      1. You can do hard things.
      2. Exercise helps everything even if it’s going for a walk.
      3. Join the Facebook Group Beyond Blue for support
      4. Nature is healing.
      5. Pray continuously

Thank you very much 🙂

k_gazo
      Participant

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way! Sometimes having someone to listen helps a lot. We have been waiting in some form or another for 5.5 years and are still waiting! What I have learned with my ADHD/ODD son as we wait wait wait for the diagnoses:
      Webinars help!
      Joining Facebook groups and having community support helps!
      Treating yourself with tips and tricks as though you already have the diagnosis helps!
      Advocate for yourself, get as many professionals to help you as you can!
      Don’t put yourself in situations where you are going to fail.
      Support yourself by putting yourself in situations you know you can thrive in.
      Pat yourself on the back for little victories.
      Encourage your husband to attend a webinar with you or read a book so he can better understand what you are going through.
      Focus on your strengths.
      Make slow but steady progress.
      Identify your weaknesses and ask for help.
      Find a way that works for YOU. This is very different for every ADHD person.
      Don’t be afraid to reach out for help.
      DONT EVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN BECAUSE OF HOW YOURE DIFFERENT!
      If one doc can’t help you- find another!
      Some docs are willing to administer meds before having a formal diagnosis. If they see you have a paper trail to back you up!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

You can try some alternative treatments in the meantime. They would be a good complement to medication too:

Free Guide to Natural ADHD Treatment Options

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.