Medication Combinations

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Medication Combinations

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brendan09
      Participant

Does anyone the most popular combination of prescription medications used to treat adhd? My Doctor is a big fan of vyvanse with trintellix. They have helped me tremendously.

Jverk819
      Participant

Hey!

I was on adderall 20mg IR 2/day for 4 years, then I had my son and was off of all medications for the pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I then started school again, and needed medication for my ADHD, MDD, and GAD. I started off with zoloft 50mg and Adderall 20mg, I started having worse symptoms of my ADHD and anxiety after a few months, I did the genesight testing and found out I have a gene-drug interaction with zoloft and an enzyme deficiency which was making the adderall ineffective. I ending up switching to Viibryd 40 mg and Vyvanse 30mg. I have never felt so sick to my stomach in my life. I didnt take the vyvanse today, and I did much better. I have been trying to get my doctor to switch me back to the adderall but I don’t think she is taking my side effects seriously, and told me just to eat before I take it (which I do). So I may need to find a new provider… my suggestion for finding the right combination for yourself would be to get the genesight testing done, and try whatever your genetics suggest.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There isn’t a most popular combination of medications for ADHD. Every individual reacts to them differently.

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.