Making appt

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bprebola23
      Participant

Hi everyone.. I’m a 24 year old female and tomorrow I will be making an appointment to speak with my family doctor about my possibility of having adhd. I have been on medications for anxiety and depression for 4 years but lately I have been starting to think i have been masking adhd symptoms with my anxiety and depression.. I would go see my psychiatrist herself but there has been confirmed covid-19 cases at the hospital shes at so I really am trying to stay away..

my question is- can my family doctor diagnose and help me? I am a little nervous and extremely scared to make the call tomorrow.. 😞

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Some general physicians are open to looking at possible ADHD and managing the treatment for a patient, and some are not. All you can do is ask.

If your GP is unwilling, here’s a list of other types of clinicians who regularly evaluate for ADHD:

Doctor? Psychologist? Therapist? Someone Else? How to Find the Best ADHD Treatment Professional

Many therapists are offering teletherapy during the pandemic. You might reach out to your psychiatrist and see if she is.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.