Major depression, anxiety, and ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Major depression, anxiety, and ADHD

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John
      Participant

Hi folks, I’ve been battling these three my whole life and have had good times and hopeless times. Can anyone relate? Maybe we can share coping skills that work, maybe talk about issues we still have even medicated. I’m hoping to help where and when I can. Looking for someone who gets what it’s like to battle all three.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I know you’ll find many people here who can relate. I’m posting a link here to an article about this combination of diagnoses that you may find useful too:

Anxiety? Depression? Or ADHD? It Could Be All Three

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

wandering away
      Participant

Yes, I’ve battled with all of those for many years now. I have periods where I think I’ve fixed my depression, or can find ways to cope despite my focus problems, but always seem to wind up getting depressed and failing at life again.
      I know I have to get up on my feet and try once more, but I’m just burnt out currently and wondering how much longer I can give a sht.

Hope you feel better. I think this is a good topic to start.

Matthew_B
      Participant

Yes, I have battled with all three. Happily discuss further and support each other. I was only recently diagnosed with ADHD as an adult (42) so I am coming to terms with so much that explains the highs and lows of my entire life thus far. Certainly viewing my depression and anxiety in an entirely different light and definitely more of a response to frustration and disappointment over the years.

Stay strong. We can help each other, I have no doubt.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.