Mailing Adderall Perscription

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Mailing Adderall Perscription

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      marcoval
      Participant

I have 3 people in my household who are taking Adderall, my wife, myself and my daughter. As it stands, that means we have on any given month, 3 different written prescriptions, which have to be physically dropped off and picked up. Not surprisingly, that means that frequently our family does not execute on that perfectly, and as a result, they do not get filled.

Is there any method people have figured out how to have prescriptions sent to a pharmacy vs handed to me as a written scrip which I then have to take to a pharmacy? We all get 3 months of prescriptions every 3 months, which need to be filled. Can we have these sent to an online pharmacy and mailed to us?

I can’t be the only one struggling with this, but when I search for answers it always gets translated to , “How do I get an online doctor to prescribe me adderall.”

Chris3467
      Participant

The best you can do is have your doctor send the pharmacy the prescription to pick up. Most doctors only write one month at a time and most pharmacies only fill one month at a time too. I think it’s the law most places.

As for getting them mailed to you, there’s no way in hell, at least not through a doctor. Adderall is a schedule II narcotic. Skirting the system could earn you serious jail time.

Chris3467
        Participant

Also, your entire post sounds fabricated and I only responded sincerely out of courtesy.

marcoval
        Participant

Well all posts are fabricated…. 🙂

I apologize if that’s how it came across, I appreciate it.

JBoom
      Participant

Depending on where you live, there might be laws requiring you to physically pick up that piece of paper and hand deliver it to the pharmacy.

That’s the case where I live. And it’s a pain.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

In the US, ADHD stimulants are classified as a Schedule II drug, that means prescriptions must be delivered to the pharmacy by hand with an original doctor’s signature on them. That’s why your doctor can’t just call it in to the pharmacy like they do other medications. That’s also why you have to show your government ID when you pick up the prescription.

Talk to your doctor or pharmacy about the possibility of getting all three of your meds on the same pickup schedule. CVS did this for my meds once (I take a few) by only filling the amount to get to the first of the following month and then everything filled a fill 30 days on the first. None were Schedule II medications, but it might still be possible.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

marcoval
        Participant

That was my gut feeling, but I hoped there were other alternatives. Sucks, but at least I have confirmation of my gut. Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.