Lost Self-confidence since termination

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Lost Self-confidence since termination

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Addfern
      Participant

I was terminated from a good paying job a year ago,I can’t seem to get over it. I was diagnosed with adult ADHD 6 months before being fired. I worked really hard to over come issues like being late to work and on demand production. I felt burned after still being fired even though I had shown a lot of improvement. I have a job now that lacks any kind of structure. It’s causing me all kinds of emotional pain and anxiety. I’ve been at the job for a little over a month, but I can’t seem to get started. I think management is starting to realize something is wrong…

Don’t know what to do.. I feel no confidence in myself and have the same issues I did at the last job. I feel like just giving up.

JWK
      Participant

Go to the menu on this website and look under the Adult ADHD for adults section. Some really good tips there

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by JWK.
      Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Can you hire an ADHD Coach? They can work with you on strategies to help with your exact struggles on the job, custom strategies specific to you and to ADHD.

20 Reasons To Hire an ADHD Coach

You don’t say if you’re getting treatment for your ADHD, but, if not, that could really help a great deal as well.

The 6 Reasons You’re Always Late for Everything

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.