Looking for adults with formal ADHD diagnoses

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums Research Studies Seeking Participants Looking for adults with formal ADHD diagnoses

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dayeanu 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

ResearchBristol
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Charlie. I’m looking for research participants as part of my Masters dissertation in Psychology of Education at the University of Bristol.

The purpose of this study is to explore how adults with formal ADHD diagnoses make sense of their ADHD and use this diagnosis to make sense of themselves. I chose to look into this because often research into psychiatric diagnoses focuses on cures and biological causes, without considering how diagnoses come to be understood, managed and interpreted by those affected. I became interested in this topic when I was diagnosed with ADHD myself.

I’m looking to find participants who are over 18 and have a formal diagnosis of ADHD. I’m asking participants to complete a brief (up to 10 minutes) online survey and I will ask a smaller group to complete an interview with me.

The survey link is below. For anyone interested in being interviewed, there is space in the survey below to leave an email address, from which I’ll contact you about a potential interview in Bristol. There is a full information sheet on the first page of the survey.

https://bristolexppsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b1nxDuVuyfXW017

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me on the email address in the survey.

Thank you very much in advance for your time

Charlie Brown

Dizzy
    Participant

Hello Charlie,

I was first given a diagnosis in the mid-1960’s, and again by professionals
    in 2010. I’ll be 60 in mid-July.

Would someone of my age and life experience be of any help in your work?

Mike

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Dizzy.

Dizzy
    Participant

Charlie, completed your survey, however the last page “reset” itself just
    as I was finishing, and it wanted me to re-enter all that information
    again. The data was not included, and there is no way [in your program]
    for me to access that page again.

It was a lot of typing, but if you believe it might be helpful please
    send me the page in an email and I’ll respond.

Hopefully you will return and check this thread.

maleficent630
    Participant

I am a 60 yo women who was formally diagnosed at 50 y50. I lost my job because of my ADHD, I would be happy to assist you in your reseach.

Dayeanu
    Participant

Hi. I’m 68 years old and just diagnosed last year, but I can assure you ice had it all my life!

I’d be glad to participate in your research.

Sarah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.