Long Distance Move

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Amyamy
      Participant

I am moving from Baltimore to San Francisco. I’ve been living with friends from my current job and will fly myself and my cats to the west coast in about 3 weeks.

I fear my friends are getting over me real fast, because I look like I am not trying to get things together. I also fear that I will leave such a mess I will damage the friendship.

They have been amazing, but really do not understand my emotional paralysis when I get overwhelmed. There are a million small details to manage for the move as well and I fear I will let something drop. I’m sorting donations and stuff I am shipping out (I don’t drive and we think this is cheapest) so I must admit I am getting a bit high strung about it all.

Any advice you all might have would be greatly appreciated right now.

Thanks

DrKSJohnson
      Participant

Hire a professional organizer. It’s worth it!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I have the same suggestion, hire someone to help. Or maybe someone to clean everything after you’ve left, so you’re sure you don’t leave a mess. This will show your friends that you care about the relationship and appreciate their generosity.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Amyamy
      Participant

Any thoughts on where to find a organizer on short notice. I think this is a brilliant idea.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There are a few listed in the ADDItude Directory here:http://directory.additudemag.com/listing/guide/professional-organizers, but that doesn’t do you any good if they’re not in your area. I would google professional organizer and your city and I’m sure you’ll find many options.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.