Living in the now

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ivry321
      Participant

Are you familiar with the term “Living in the Now”

When I am asked, What the hell does” living in the now” mean?

I smile and answer,” geez, you just missed it, it was just here but no worries there’s another coming shortly.

Then they say.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

I say.

“AH, SH-T, YOU JUST MISSED ANOTHER ONE”

In between what we call the past and the future, quietly rest “The Now” The art of being present. One reason I call it an Art is because it’s something that has to be practiced and developed from within.

One thing is for sure, you will have more opportunities to practice the art of living in the now than anything else in our entire life. Yet some never grasp the opportunity. They just don’t know what they don’t know.

Learning to be still is at the core of this craft. Nearly impossible to accomplish if you are living with undiagnosed ADHD. and even when diagnosed it doesn’t mean we will ever experience the present,

CONSCIOUSLY.
      The challenge is being conscious. Not passed out or asleep. Making a conscious decision each moment we breathe helps us to be present for what is.

Whatever the moment brings
      When we reach out to embrace or reject the new moment, the old one is now gone, because we perceive that as the past. YOU NEVER SAW THE MOMENT COMING… When we concern ourself with what we call the future we once again miss the moment.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.