Listening

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jolly
      Participant

Hey everyone, I’m 15 and going into Sophomore year. It’s been really frustrating when my family yells at me for not listening and paying attention. They think I think that the conversation is boring and that it doesn’t matter. It does. The thing is I focus so hard on following the conversation that we’re having that I completely space out and a random thought takes over and then I have know idea what they just said to me. Does this happen to you guys? It’s super annoying to me.

riley104
      Participant

Hi Jolly!
      I’m also 15 and going into sophomore year. I have experienced this multiple times. When I’m listening I sometimes have to look around the room or distract myself to continue listening to someone talk. We all have those times where we’re listening and obviously hearing them but not registering in our brain what their talking about. Reply back if you want to keep talking or if I didn’t answer your question.

Jolly
      Participant

It’s so annyoing. I do look around the room but then if I look at something, like a computer or a TV, my brain remembers that I forgot to watch my favorite show or something related and then I daydream about it. And then I have no idea what my parents or sibling just said..

riley104
      Participant

Yea I totally get that. And I know that its sometimes so boring to listen to people talk about something that you don’t care nothing about and you just want to drift off in thought. I resist the urges but what I sometimes do is Ask the other person if we can talk in a less distracting environment, I get that it’s not always an option but you can try it

purehealthyfit
      Participant

Yes, I totally agree with you. According to me, Small talk is the most superficial form of communication. Maybe small talk sometimes proves to forgettable. But it is not boring for me if a talk is small and interesting too.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.