Lets Laugh!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ADD Mum
      Participant

Hi everyone, it’s not easy in the world right now and sometimes with our ADHD it can be more difficult also. But right now I think it’s time to have a laugh, so I want to hear your best ADHD stories, let’s be honest the best parenting stories involve our little ADHD darlings. (FYI – I’m ADD and I have a ADHD 7yr son). I’ll get us started with one of my favs.

E my ADHD son was about 3 or 4 and N was about 1, we were walking through the shops N sitting in the trolly I was helping him have a bottle E was walking beside my, there was a make-up shop in the middle of the walk way which had grooves in the panels so E sticks his finger in the grooves and runs his finger along it, I notices a young asian man leaning over the side chatting up the make-up girls, E keeps walking, I though he’ll go around him… Nope he ran his finger right over this man, unfortunately this mans hight meant E ran is finger right over his guy um… bum hole! Yep E pocked this guy right up the bum hole! The poor man jumped a mile and I just burst out laughing! E seemed a little surprised, he was completely unaware, I couldn’t stop laughing, I was trying to apologies but I was laughing too hard! I grabbed E’s hand and took of quickly, there was a cafe next and two little old ladies stopped us, they had just seen what happened and thought is was hilarious and started feeding my boys hot chips. It was a golden moment!

Kerplunk
      Participant

Funny – Do you think the Asian gentleman put it down to cultural differences ?

Because I joke a lot, when my ADHD impulse makes me say something dumb, someone will often say “Is that a joke” and I’ll think phew. I’m also dyslexic, so when I chose the wrong word from the spell checker, someone will say “Is that a joke ?” Had infinitum, ect…

Lee Mack & Bill Burr are two stand up comedians that have ADHD.

Lottie1522
      Participant

ADD mum that story has really made me laugh 😂😂😂

I’ve only just been diagnosed with adhd so I’m thinking of how past things are likely adhd related but we never knew. Most likely with talking too much/shouting out/talking loud.
      When I was 4 we were on holiday in America, I’m from the UK and I said really loudly in the middle of a store ‘mother, father have you heard how these people talk’ in a very dodgy American accent 🤭😬 my parents still tease me about it now and I’m 35 😂😂
      Another time in America me and my mum were talking and a family friend was sat there and said ‘it sounds so lovely but I have no idea what you two are talking about’ 😂😂 we talk so fast and this chap was real laid back and slow talking 😁

Kerrplunk – I’ll have a look at those comedians think I know Lee Mack but not the other chap 😁

turbobull
      Participant

My ADD gets me upset which leads to funny things. When I was a kid, I was upset my parents were drinking on New Year’s Eve, so being internalized and upset I impulsively grabbed their pack of beer and threw it off the balcony into the snow. I then told my teacher the next day.

Now we all laugh about the one time I threw their beer into the snow and told about it at school. Wonder what the teacher thought when she read my paper, Good times.

Kerplunk
      Participant

turbobull that’s alcohol abuse !

InfectionLion
      Participant

This gets me going.

ADD Mum
      Participant

HA! Love it cultural differences!!!

Kerplunk
      Participant

OK (don’t judge me) a parent of a student of mine that I’d not seen for a long time turns up. To create appropriate rapport I blurted out the first thing that came in my head “When are you expecting the baby?” She said “I’ve just put on weight”. Thankfully said with a chuckle.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Kerplunk.
Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.