Intuniv – what are peoples experiences?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Intuniv – what are peoples experiences?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ddt1981
      Participant

We had an appointment with our pediatrician yesterday. My son is on 27 mg of Concerta, and still have focus issues. We also use essential oils and fish oil as supplements. After reviewing extensive teacher feedback and an obvious focus problem, our doctor prescribed 1 mg of intuniv to start. For the reason of adding a non-habit forming med to help.

Does anyone have any experience with using this in addition to a med for young children. My son is 8 years old. He doesn’t have aggression, just needs help with focus in school.

thank you!!! We will start tonight…

I’m currently on Intuniv, and have used it in combination with concerta (Not a young child though, I was 17 at the time) I’m not sure about the benefits, because I don’t seem to respond to it, but It can affect sleep, making me more tired, and it lowers heart rate and blood pressure.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here’s some information on Intuniv:

Intuniv: Answers to Your ADHD Medication Questions

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.