Introduction, request for FAQ/Appropriate threads

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Introduction, request for FAQ/Appropriate threads

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chuk
      Participant

Good day –

Adult here, enterred my 6th decade. Figured out several years ago after exposure to Dr. Ned Hallowell’s book that I too have ADD, lots of symptoms & signs were there in retrospect. “If the dx had been around when I was a kid, I would have been out riding my bike!”

Found this site & forums a few weeks ago, and have been then really got smacked upside the head by the article “3 Defining Features of ADHD That Everyone Overlooks”; the Interest -based Nervous System. Wow, that’s me!!

And yeah, it’s really always been a problem. IF I can get interested in something, I can do OK. My IQ helps, tested pretty high, I have a wide range of interests & knowledge so I can extrapolate easily. But once things get ‘boring’ or require some intense concentration, I tend to escape to somewhere else more interesting.

But by the end of the day, I’m pretty much tapped out, and while I have a garage full of projects to tackle, but there is no drive, no urge to go farther. And I really want to get things done. I’m tired of having piles & piles of projects that (to quote my daughter) EVERYTHING IS EXCITING/IMPORTANT, and instead just spinning down, crawling the internet waiting for something to spark my interest.

So, while I spend the next few weeks trying to binge-digest the site & forums, does anybody know any particular posts that I should look at to find new tools?

Thanks,

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

This is a good article on finishing all those projects:

Put a Bow on Finished Projects

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.