In search of a GOOD provider in the DFW area.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD In search of a GOOD provider in the DFW area.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      unverified
      Participant

Long story short, my life for the past 8 years has been horrible due to being prescribed SSRIs and SNRIs due to providers either ignoring my ADHD symptoms or not believing that anxiety and depression can be caused by ADHD. Anyways, after 3 months of hellish withdrawals, I’m finally off those medications. For the past 2 months, I’ve tried Adderall XR and IR. The issue is, the XR lasts about 2-3 hours and the IR lasts about 1 hour before they dip and I become sedated/tired. My current provider doesn’t seem too knowledgeable on treating ADHD, so I’d like to avoid going through another nightmare and working with someone with a bit more experience with ADHD treatment. Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

You can search providers by location in the ADDitude Directory: https://directory.additudemag.com/

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.