immediate feedback/communication articles?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Working with Teachers immediate feedback/communication articles?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

dragoncita
    Participant

Hi – I have an important meeting with administrators at my kid’s school tomorrow and I want to bring an article to show them about the importance of immediate feedback/consequences, as well as the importance of timely communication with parents. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

Here are a couple:

Answers to the Discipline Questions You Were Too Exhausted to Ask

The Delicate Balance of Rewards and Consequences

Good luck at your meeting!

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

dragoncita
    Participant

Thank you very much — I really need something geared for teachers (actually, administrators). I’m very frustrated because they are calling us in to discuss bad behavior that happened weeks ago.

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

Everything in those articles is applicable to school experience with teachers and administrators as well. Check http://livesinthebalance.org — there’s lots there for schools.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.