I'm off my meds and feel fine. Is something wrong?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond I'm off my meds and feel fine. Is something wrong?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jlmunger
      Participant

Have been treated for major depressive disorder and ADHD for many years – 25 years for depression and 15 for ADHD. I went off one of my depression meds (Prozac) almost 6 months ago and started feeling much better. Went through some very stressful months (actually a culmination of 6 years relating to the aftermath of my mother’s death – long story). Started to feel VERY anxious, getting only 4 hours of sleep all of a sudden for weeks. Talked to my psychiatrist and he agreed to lower my Concerta from 36mg daily to 27mg. Was also taking 10mg immediate release in the morning because I was experiencing a morning slump and wasn’t gettin anything done – it worked well.

Went off my Concerta entirely for over a week before getting the new Rx for Concerta 27 mg, felt better and never started on the lower dose. It has been about 8 weeks now and I am only taking the immediate release 10mg daily in the morning.

NEVER in the past 15 years have I ever gone off this med. Can anyone explain why I have been fine without this higher, extended release for these past several weeks? Has anyone experienced this?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Could it be the reduced demands from mostly staying at home (unless you’re an essential worker)?

Because you were on a combination of medications and adjusted more than one, that could be the reason also.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.