i'm freaking out am i adhd?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      skullgirl
      Participant

I’m 25 and nobody ever diagnosed me with ADHD. my mom is ADHD, also my uncle and 5 cousins. they don’t use any medication but I think they’re ok with their life and nobody ever thought I may be having the same problem. I’ve been swimming in a team but I wasn’t the best when I found out Ihad to go to the training every day. I’ve been playing the piano but my teacher was so mad when I got distracted that I didn’t go to the class anymore. I started the chemical engineering but in the middle of that I gave up I used to love it but got boring. also, I did the exact same thing with the law. and now I don’t have any degree.
      about my jobs, I changed my jobs every 9 months I don’t know why but I can’t stay any longer. all-around me is mass everywhere.
      I don’t want to finish any of my crafts I have a pile of unfinished arts and knittings and drawings and planners.
      I don’t have many friends.just 2.
      I talk too much. and every time I go home from a party I’m just thinking maybe I was hurting someone with my words.
      I watch videos at work to help me focus on my tasks!
      and many more things but I’m afraid if I tell someone (even a doctor) they think I’m making excuses or I heard something and I want to pretend.
      I’m scared but I want to do something completely by myself completely focused and I can’t live like this anymore not even be able to write this in one sitting!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by skullgirl.
      Jolly
      Participant

I think you definitely have ADHD because your family members have it and your experiencing symptoms that are wrecking your life and making you miserable. Don’t be afraid to go to the doctor and ask about your situation. I’m only 15 so don’t take my advice personally if you think its not accurate. I’m not a professional or an ADHD coach. Hope you find out. 🙂

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

The only way to know is to seek an ADHD evaluation.

Who Should Evaluate Me for Adult ADHD?

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.