I want to back out from my relationship.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones I want to back out from my relationship.

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lonelybf123
      Participant

After 7 years of being together with my girlfriend, I’ve decided it’s time for me to let myself out of the commitment and enjoy my life. I want to start living how I want to live and meet new people. I just don’t know how to bring this topic up to my now long-distance gf. She migrated about a year ago to move with her family and ever since then, things have definitely changed. I guess we both have had the time to be by ourselves for once and I think things wouldn’t work out anymore. I’ve been reading some online advice articles, international dating blogs, and youtube videos but I still seem to be lost and confused with what to do. Can anyone help me out here?

ccd_luna
      Participant

I think you have done a pretty good job verbalizing it now. It shouldn’t be any different with your girlfriend. Use the exact same wording, with a slight tweak. Ex:”You migrated about a year ago to move with your family and ever since then, things have definitely changed[…]“

Honesty is the best policy and it’s also best not to overthink it.

Good luck! 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.