I need to sleep !

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lilianna
      Participant

My daughter is 15 (mentally 13 so no biggie) she’s not been reviewed since diagnosis and is on no medication . It’s always difficult when the light changes to get her back into routine but with coronavirus everything seems magnified .I can’t sleep until she does , otherwise she will start fiddling making slime and covering everything in it (
      She woke in the middle of the night once and literally purple bombed the bathroom , and cleaning it was obviously too boring so I woke up to it )anyway , she’s taken to pacing the corridor what seems like all night and standing outside my door and humfing and banging things .She doesn’t like to read I feel l like I haven’t slept for weeks. I don’t want to be angry with her but It’s getting harder . She has no sugar or caffeine in the evening .Computer is turned off at 9 . She does gymnastics and dance in the living room (ive moved the furniture ) We watch a film (with gymnastics of course)in the evening and play a game or cards .Baths and warm milk don’t help !We have a walk at lunchtime to break the day up . The only other thing I can think of is too eat late with lots of carbs to put her in a carb coma -but then I’m worried that the sugars will have the opposite effect ! Any ideas I’m at my wit’s end!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

There are many things you can try to see if they help her:
      1) weighted blanket (could relieve the feeling that she needs to move all the time)
      2) Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime EXTRA tea (must be the extra)
      3) Olly Sleep Gummies
      4) Natural Calm Magnesium Powder (this powder works better than magnesium pills)
      5) Playing nature sounds or guided meditation for falling asleep (I like the Insight Timer and Relax Melodies apps)

We’ve used all of these with success. The weighted blanket and sleep gummies are used every night.

4 Get-to-Sleep Products for Restless Kids

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.