How to Use the ADDitude Forums

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums

This topic contains 23 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Tomhurting 1 month ago.

• Author

Anni @ ADDitude
    Keymaster

A quick primer on making the most of our new discussion forums:

1. The forums are divided up into 5 main areas, each of which has topic-based sections within:

2. Before posting, search the forums to find existing discussions by using the search field in the top right corner of the Forums homepage

3. Create a new thread in the most appropriate section of a forum by using the ‘Create New Topic’ fields at the bottom of that section page (for example, Behavior & Discipline within For Parents, or Getting Things Done within For Adults). Click the checkbox within ‘Create New Topic’ if you wish to be notified of replies

4. Reply to any thread by using the ‘Reply to’ fields at the bottom of the thread; click the checkbox there if you wish to be notified of replies

5. Receive email notifications of new threads within a forum or specific section of a forum by clicking the Subscribe link in the top right corner of that forum/section page

6. Click ‘My Profile’ in the site header and then ‘Edit My Profile’ to update your Display Name or bio

7. Want to see a new forum or section added? Email us at customerservice@additudemag.com

8. Enjoy, connect, learn!

Annandlesley
    Participant

This is the first time I heard about this forum. How does it work?

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

Step-by-step instructions are above. You can post any and all questions related to ADHD to start a discussion and receive insights from others in a similar situation.

Penny
      ADDconnect Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

anwaruroosa
    Participant

My daughter is 11 years old, she is going to 6th grade , she is forgetting her math facts from 3 3rd grade.She has seen neurologist and EEG looks fine . Any one knows any good neurologist in Dallas/ Plano area.

jackie1234
    Participant

Hi Penny:

How do I remove my own response post to someone else’s question that I wrote a week ago?
    I’m feeling that I revealed way too much about my personal life/marriage and it’s also way too long. I would like to remove my entire post. Can you advise? It’s the last post to the question about receiving more affection from a spouse.

Thank you!

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

You should see a link to Trash at the top right of the comment window. I think I found it and deleted it for you.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ADHDmomma.

ajaxblu
    Participant

Hi, thank you for the info. I haven’t been here for a while – it looks as though things have changed. Change is often good (congrats on the fresh start) but also sometimes frustrating. 😉 My user name is still good but the forum looks completely different, I see none of my posts or those I’d read before that had info/advice important to me, and I don’t see other members here I used to see.

I’m lost and confused. Where can I find the old posts/info?

Thank you. 🙂

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

The new forum started in June. The posts on ADDconnect prior to that were not carried over to the new forum here. Please feel free to start new threads and discussions.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

MommyToMiracles
    Participant

Hello , I am a new member and when I am not able to ask a question on the forums as it says I’m not allowed to at the bottom . Any idea why ? Thank you

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

You were logged in when you got that message? Can you tell me which thread? You were able to post here…

Penny

adesperategf
      Participant

Hi,

I have the same notice at the bottom of the page, is there a wait period from when we first register on additudemag.com to when we’re allowed to start threads?

Thanks,

Anni @ ADDitude
      Keymaster

Hello,
      When you log in and scroll all the way to the bottom of https://www.additudemag.com/forums/forum/parenting-adhd-kids/, do you see a section titled “Create a New Topic…”? If not, could you please tell me what error message you see at the bottom of this page?
      Thank you!

adesperategf
      Participant

Yes I do see it there.

But how do I create a new topic not pertaining to that particular forum?

kelly
    Participant

I just tried creating a new thread for the first time and it didn’t show up. Any ideas on why?

Thanks.

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

It likely got stuck in the spam filter, especially if there was a link in it. I’ve just cleared the pending and spam topics, so it should be posted now.

Penny

the dancer
    Participant

Hello,

I was participated in the old forum a few years back. I have returned and setup a new account, slowly getting back into nagging with the forum. I am not ready to post a topic yet, but soon, how do I go about it? I could not see the option on my page. I have started replying to threads that interest me, some replies have posted, and others not yet. Let me know if there are any issues with my replies.

Thanks

d

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

If it doesn’t post right away, it’s because the spam filter caught it for some reason. Those that aren’t spam are usually approved and posted within 24-48 hours. I did just approve at least two of yours this morning. 🙂

Hello, My email comes up (or the first part of it) when I participate in a forum. I’d like to change this to a first name or pseudo. How do you do this?

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

When you’re signed in, click Account/My Profile at the top of the page. Then click Edit My Profile on the left-hand side. That will allow you to update your username.

Penny

adhdcollegestudent
    Participant

i just signed up with additude, to reply to another post, however when trying to submit, i got ERROR your reply could not be created at this time

YvonneM
    Participant

Dear ADDitude Team,

I created a post for the “Getting Things Done” Forum on September 25, 2018 at 6:03 am ( Post #100055).
    The post has not been published yet. It currently states: “Awaiting moderation.”
    Can you tell me when the post will be published?
    Many thanks for your help.
    Greetings from Germany

YvonneM

ADHDmomma
      Keymaster

I approved it this morning.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Whatmom
    Participant

I cannot make a new thread.
    Down where it says to make a new thread there is a message that says You cannot make a new thread.
    I joined today.
    At what point am I allowed to make a new thread?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
    It was saying I cannot make a new TOPIC.
    Once I am in the topic I can make a new thread

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Whatmom.

Tomhurting
    Participant

I had the same problem 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.