How to tell your new partner?????

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships How to tell your new partner?????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      justin7278
      Participant

Hi All
      I was diagnosed 16 months ago with ADHD and I’ve been taking medication since which is still work in progress. I’ve been with my current partner for 6 months now and whilst were on holiday at the moment I planned to tell her about my adhd. Were 4 days in now and all that’s on my mind is that I haven’t told her and I really want to!! I’m not embarrassed or ashamed by my adhd so why can’t I just get it out in the open? I think it’s because I’ve never done it before and I’m not sure how to approach it. Bit of help from you guys on how you did it would be great right now.. Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by justin7278.
      Penny Williams
      Keymaster

“I’m sure you’ve noticed how I _____________ [struggle to organize, get easily distracted, etc… whatever works in your situation]. It’s because I have ADHD. I manage it and it’s not a big deal but I wanted you to know.”

Something like that?

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Macushla68
      Participant

Good advice, Penny Williams. Good luck, justin7278.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.